Greetings everyone. Hope this finds you well and enjoying the end of your summer. It’s been a beautiful if a smoky one here at Koocanusa and we are thankful for the recent rains doing their part to help dampen the forest fires in our region and throughout BC. As you might have heard campfire ban has been rescinded by the BC Wildfire Service due to cooler and wetter conditions in the forecast and a decreased wildfire risk. So yes, currently small campfires are once again permitted so if having one please be sure your screen guards are in place.
If you would like more information on the current fire danger rating/forest fire news etc., please check out the following links:
- BC Wildfire Service: regularly updated map of Fire Danger across the province
- BC Forest Fire Info Facebook page: regularly updated with the latest info about fire bans, forest fires etc.
Labour Day Long Weekend Happenings:
- Sunday, September 6th at 7:30pm:
Annual Parking Lot Family Dance
Once again we are lucky to have booked Fernie’s own Hark Raving Sirens for our entertainment this year. Bringing ukulele, guitar and the most impressive instrument of them all, three amazing voices working as one, Hark Raving Sirens have really created something special. From country ditties to twisted pop covers these ladies have a sound that will have you toe tapping and singing along in no time.
- Sunday, Sept. 6th at 7pm:
Bring Your Best Burgers
Bring your very best Burgers for our annual Cooking Contest. Bring 3 samples down at 7pm. Beef, Veggie, Chicken, Pork, Fish — you name it, if it’s a Burger, bring it on down.
Important Fall Dates to Remember:
- Sun. August 23rd: Storage Bills are ready for pick-up/payment at the store (cash or cheque only.)
- Sun. September 20th: Store Closes this afternoon
- Mon. September 21st: Last Day for Garbage
- Tues. September 22nd: Water Off
See you in the spring for our 29th season!