Hope you had a great weekend at the lake or wherever you were. Just a quick note to let you know we’re almost out of our initial 30th Anniversary Hoodie order and will be placing our special order soon. If you would like one of our 2017 Hoodies please come to the store to let us know the colour (Royal Blue or Dark Heather [Dark Grey]) and the size(s) that you’d like. We’re taking prepayment for these hoodies and will be placing the order on Mon. July 17th so please come place your order by Sunday, July 16th.
Looking for something different to do at the lake this summer? Then join local Elko artist Ilona Webster for her Paint n’ Sip Evening here on the deck on Thurs. July 27th at 6:30pm. You’ll learn to paint the sunflower shown here and all the paint/supplies you’ll need are included in the $40 fee. If you would like more info or would like to sign up, please email Ilona at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at
Remember, a campfire ban is in effect for our region, for more info on that please see previous post. And our well is really working hard during this heat wave so please be conscientious of that by keeping water use to a minimum and not watering plants/flowers (see previous post.)
Thank you, have a great week and we’ll see you at the lake again soon.
Please take note of the following notice from the BC Wildfire Service and the Southeast Fire Centre:
Effective at 1pm Mountain Time today on Friday, July 7, 2017, campfires will be prohibited throughout the Southeast Fire Centre to help prevent human-caused wildfires and protect public safety. For more details on this prohibition, please click here. Fore more details about other prohibitions in B.C. please visit gov.bc.ca/wildfirebans Specifically, prohibited activities once the campfire ban takes effect will include:
- campfires, as defined in the Wildfire Regulation: www.gov.bc.ca/wildfirelegislation
- stubble or grass fires of any size over any area
- the use of fireworks, sky lanterns, tiki torches, chimineas, burning barrels or burning cages of any size or description
- the use of binary exploding targets (e.g. for target practice)
- the use of air curtain burners (forced air burning systems)
To report a wildfire or open burning violation, call 1-800-663-5555 toll-free or *5555 on a cellphone.
Thank you for your cooperation and have a great weekend.
Effective immediately absolutely NO watering of vegetable plants, flowers or lawns. Our well is struggling to keep up with this heat wave and lack of rain.
If you wish to water you are welcome to use lake water that you haul yourselves.
Please help us conserve water so that the well can keep up.
Please, small fires only at this time. Remember to have your spark screen in place. With this extended heat wave forests throughout southern BC and in our region are very dry. There is currently a fireworks ban in place and we will let you know here as soon as we know if/when a campfire ban is in effect.
Another reminder — please don’t leave large cardboard boxes at the garbage cans — these should be taken to the recycle station at Baynes Lake or Jaffray. We would appreciate your cooperation as we are only hauling household garbage.
Thank you for your attention to these matters and enjoy your time here in the summer sunshine at Koocanusa.
Greetings everyone. Can you believe it’s already almost July 1st? Hope you’ve been enjoying summer so far.
Here are some updates from the campground for the coming long weekend.
- The store is now open 9am – 9pm until the Labour Day long weekend, come get your all day breakfast sandwiches, burgers, ice cream, groceries, ice, fishing licenses, bait and camping supplies.
- Our food specials this weekend will be Bagels & Cream Cheese and Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches. We’ll have a dessert special too – Strawberry Supreme Sundaes for Canada’s birthday.
Join us for our Canada Day events on Saturday, July 1st:
- Hey kids: pick up your Canada Day Activity package at the store at 11am. Complete everything and come back at 1pm.
- Join us on the deck at 1pm for some Birthday Cake to help Canada celebrate.
- Join Val Luznar-Purdy on our front deck and beach from 1:30 – 3pm for some family/kid friendly interactive games — no technology required 🙂
- Face painting from 3 – 5pm on the front deck
- Be part of our 7th Annual Koocanusa Parade. Show your Canadian pride and bring along your decorated golf cart, wagon, buggy, pet, bike or ____ ? Be in the parking lot at 6:45pm for a 7pm start.
- Our special 150 fireworks display will start at dusk (depending on weather and fire restrictions).
2017 is our 30th year here at Koocanusa Campsite & Marina. We now have limited edition commemorative reusable shopping/beach bags available for sale now, come get them while supplies last! ($5.99 each) Our 2017 hoodies will be here soon too, hopefully in time for the weekend, so come check them out. Keep an eye on our website for all the details about our 30th anniversary celebrations that will be happening on Labour Day long weekend.
Notes for Boaters:
The weather forecast is looking excellent for this week and long weekend as well. Wishing you a great Canada Day weekend whatever you’re up to and we look forward to seeing you at the lake sometime soon.
Greetings everyone and hope this finds you well. Exciting news, the Store opens for the 2017 camping season this weekend. We’ll be open tomorrow until 9pm, Saturday & Sunday 9am – 9pm and Monday 9am – 7pm. Kitchen will be open for Breakfast Sandwiches and Burgers etc. and your favourite flavours of ice cream are back in stock. We have your general camping supplies, groceries, vehicle gas and fishing licenses available as usual.
Spring Store Hours, May 22 – June 29:
Sunday – Thursday: 9am – 7pm
Friday – Saturday: 9am – 8pm
Spring Cleaning, May 19 – 22, 2017:
We have a large dumpster in the parking lot. Please use this for large items ie: old BBQs, bikes, chairs etc. Please do not use this for household garbage!
After this clean-up weekend please take all of your large items ie: old BBQs, chairs, large cardboard boxes etc. to the Baynes Lake or Jaffray Transfer Stations.
Koocanusa Campsite – July 1988
30th Anniversary Celebrations:
We’re looking forward to and planning the campsite’s 30th Anniversary celebrations for the Labour Day long weekend this year (Sept. 1 – 4th.) If anyone has any favourite photos they would like to share from the past 30 years here at Koocanusa Campsite & Marina you’re invited to email them to email@example.com or drop them off at the store in an envelope (attn: Evelyn). We’ll be putting together a slideshow to share with you that weekend.
Other Reminders for our Campers
(from the Legal Agreement):
- Quiet Time: 11pm – 7:30am
- New Generator Hours: 10am – 7pm, please don’t leave your generator running when you aren’t at your site.
- Pet Owners: Please keep your dog leashed at all times and do not leave your dog unattended at your site. When you are gone they tend to bark or howl. Dogs are a huge issue and generate lots of complaints.
- No Washing of Trailers or Vehicles in July and August
- No watering of grass in July and August
- All propane tanks over 60lb must be properly secured.
And with that hope everyone has a great long weekend with one of the best forecasts we’ve had in the past few years for this time of year. Look forward to seeing everyone back at Koocanusa for another great summer!
Hope this finds you well. Just a quick note to let our campers know that the water pump is now on so there is water available throughout the campsite again. Weather is still cool/wet here but grass is green and spring is in the air in the South Country.
Thanks, enjoy your day and see you at the lake this spring/summer.
Koocanusa – Mon. April 10th, 2017
Good evening everyone,
Just wanted to let you know that as of this Thursday morning (April 13th) the Summer Lock will be back on our gate. This means regular vehicle traffic is allowed on our roads but please note there is to be no moving of trailers/RVs at this time.
Water has not been turned on throughout the campground yet, but is on down at our trailers by the store. We’ll let you know once water is on throughout the campground.
As usual please watch our website for the latest campground news and happenings.
Thank you and wishing everyone a great Easter long weekend.