Greetings everyone. Can you believe it’s already almost July 1st? Hope you’ve been enjoying summer so far.
- The store is now open 9am – 9pm until the Labour Day long weekend, come get your all day breakfast sandwiches, burgers, ice cream, groceries, ice, fishing licenses, bait and camping supplies.
- Our food specials this weekend will be Bagels & Cream Cheese and Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches. We’ll have a dessert special too – Strawberry Supreme Sundaes for Canada’s birthday.
Join us for our Canada Day events on Saturday, July 1st:
- Hey kids: pick up your Canada Day Activity package at the store at 11am. Complete everything and come back at 1pm.
- Join us on the deck at 1pm for some Birthday Cake to help Canada celebrate.
- Join Val Luznar-Purdy on our front deck and beach from 1:30 – 3pm for some family/kid friendly interactive games — no technology required 🙂
- Face painting from 3 – 5pm on the front deck
- Be part of our 7th Annual Koocanusa Parade. Show your Canadian pride and bring along your decorated golf cart, wagon, buggy, pet, bike or ____ ? Be in the parking lot at 6:45pm for a 7pm start.
- Our special 150 fireworks display will start at dusk (depending on weather and fire restrictions).
2017 is our 30th year here at Koocanusa Campsite & Marina. We now have limited edition commemorative reusable shopping/beach bags available for sale now, come get them while supplies last! ($5.99 each) Our 2017 hoodies will be here soon too, hopefully in time for the weekend, so come check them out. Keep an eye on our website for all the details about our 30th anniversary celebrations that will be happening on Labour Day long weekend.
Notes for Boaters:
our boat launch is open and we will have boat gas available for you this weekend.
- please watch out for sandbars and driftwood, it is still early in season.
- remember to get your Boating License if you don’t already have it.
- if travelling on the water south to Newgate etc. please watch for the new Border Markers. It is illegal to enter the United States on the water — you must enter through a Canada/US Border Crossing. Please keep an eye out for these markers so that you can stay within Canadian waters.
The weather forecast is looking excellent for this week and long weekend as well. Wishing you a great Canada Day weekend whatever you’re up to and we look forward to seeing you at the lake sometime soon.