Please take note of the following notice from the BC Wildfire Service and the Southeast Fire Centre:
Effective at 1pm Mountain Time today on Friday, July 7, 2017, campfires will be prohibited throughout the Southeast Fire Centre to help prevent human-caused wildfires and protect public safety. For more details on this prohibition, please click here. Fore more details about other prohibitions in B.C. please visit gov.bc.ca/wildfirebans Specifically, prohibited activities once the campfire ban takes effect will include:
- campfires, as defined in the Wildfire Regulation: www.gov.bc.ca/wildfirelegislation
- stubble or grass fires of any size over any area
- the use of fireworks, sky lanterns, tiki torches, chimineas, burning barrels or burning cages of any size or description
- the use of binary exploding targets (e.g. for target practice)
- the use of air curtain burners (forced air burning systems)
To report a wildfire or open burning violation, call 1-800-663-5555 toll-free or *5555 on a cellphone.
Thank you for your cooperation and have a great weekend.