Hope this finds you well and that the smoke has cleared in your part of the world like it has here at Koocanusa. We are very grateful for last Sunday night’s rain helping to clear the air and assist in fighting forest fires in our region. Sorry this update has been a long time in coming and we hope to see you back here at the lake for a sunny September long weekend!
Here are a few updates for you, our campers as the season winds down:
Firstly, please join us for our annual Season’s End Party/Parking Lot Dance taking place this Sunday, Sept. 2nd at 7:30pm. We are pleased to have our friends WOMP from Lethbridge back to provide live music again. Click here for a bigger version of poster and more info, this event is free and fun for the whole family! The band also invites campers who play music to come join/jam with them on stage. Check out their facebook page and/or contact them here.
And then here are a few other important end-of-summer/fall updates for you:
- yes, there is still a FIRE BAN IN EFFECT. For the latest on our province’s forest fire situation, please visit: www.bcwildfire.ca
- your Storage Bills are ready for pick-up/payment at the Store. $21 (cash or cheque only.)
- our second/final order of 2018 Koocanusa Hoodies are in stock. If you’ve ordered yours come pay for/pick them up and if you were hoping to get one, come check them out at the Store before they’re gone. Fall truly is hoodie season and they’re perfect for the boat this weekend too. 🙂
- yes, this has been/is a horrible summer for Wasps(!) Please keep in mind our staff who collect garbage around the campground. If/when disposing of your wasp traps, ideally all wasps are dead and in any case, please tie up in a grocery/garbage bag so they don’t escape. Please also make sure all food waste is contained in sealed garbage bags to reduce attractants for wasps.
- if you receive internet at your RV from South Kountry Cable, please read this Equipment Requirements (for Seasonal Shut-downs) info letter. (It will most likely have been emailed to you from SKC too.)
- Our Store is open 9am – 9pm daily until this Sunday, Sept. 2nd. Afterwards, we’ll be open 9am – 7pm unless otherwise noted until we close on Sunday, Sept. 16th.
- Last Day for Water & Garbage is Monday, Sept. 17th.
That should be it for now. We hope you’ve had a great summer and look forward to seeing you at the lake this long weekend hopefully, enjoy!