Wed. April 17th, 2019 afternoon at Lake Koocanusa
Hope this finds you well and continuing to enjoy spring in your part of the world.
We just wanted to let you know the good news that the water will be turned on throughout the campground this coming Friday, April 19th in time for the long weekend.
Wishing you a Happy Easter weekend with family and friends here in the South Country or wherever you might be.
Greetings everyone and Happy Spring!
Hope this finds you well and enjoying spring wherever you are. The days are getting longer and things are starting to dry out in the South Country. So we just wanted to let you know that we have put the regular (spring/summer) lock back on the gate and you may drive into your sites again.
We look forward to seeing you and your family back at the lake for another great summer at Koocanusa! We’ll be in touch again soon via our website with any other updates for you as summer approaches. And be sure to subscribe to this blog so that you can receive these posts directly to your inbox if you wish.
Greetings campers and hope this finds you well and staying warm! Don’t worry, the days are getting longer and spring will be here before we know it.
In the meantime though the snow is getting deeper out at the lake so as of tonight (Tues. Feb. 26th at 6pm) there is a new lock on the gate. The snow is too deep to drive through the campground now so if/when visiting in the coming weeks you’ll need to park outside gate and walk in.
Thank you and we’ll let you know here on the website/enews when you’ll be able to drive in again.
Hope this finds you well and that the smoke has cleared in your part of the world like it has here at Koocanusa. We are very grateful for last Sunday night’s rain helping to clear the air and assist in fighting forest fires in our region. Sorry this update has been a long time in coming and we hope to see you back here at the lake for a sunny September long weekend!
Here are a few updates for you, our campers as the season winds down:
Firstly, please join us for our annual Season’s End Party/Parking Lot Dance taking place this Sunday, Sept. 2nd at 7:30pm. We are pleased to have our friends WOMP from Lethbridge back to provide live music again. Click here for a bigger version of poster and more info, this event is free and fun for the whole family! The band also invites campers who play music to come join/jam with them on stage. Check out their facebook page and/or contact them here.
And then here are a few other important end-of-summer/fall updates for you:
- yes, there is still a FIRE BAN IN EFFECT. For the latest on our province’s forest fire situation, please visit: www.bcwildfire.ca
- your Storage Bills are ready for pick-up/payment at the Store. $21 (cash or cheque only.)
- our second/final order of 2018 Koocanusa Hoodies are in stock. If you’ve ordered yours come pay for/pick them up and if you were hoping to get one, come check them out at the Store before they’re gone. Fall truly is hoodie season and they’re perfect for the boat this weekend too. 🙂
- yes, this has been/is a horrible summer for Wasps(!) Please keep in mind our staff who collect garbage around the campground. If/when disposing of your wasp traps, ideally all wasps are dead and in any case, please tie up in a grocery/garbage bag so they don’t escape. Please also make sure all food waste is contained in sealed garbage bags to reduce attractants for wasps.
- if you receive internet at your RV from South Kountry Cable, please read this Equipment Requirements (for Seasonal Shut-downs) info letter. (It will most likely have been emailed to you from SKC too.)
- Our Store is open 9am – 9pm daily until this Sunday, Sept. 2nd. Afterwards, we’ll be open 9am – 7pm unless otherwise noted until we close on Sunday, Sept. 16th.
- Last Day for Water & Garbage is Monday, Sept. 17th.
That should be it for now. We hope you’ve had a great summer and look forward to seeing you at the lake this long weekend hopefully, enjoy!
Please note that effective immediately there is a fire ban in our campsite. We are taking this action due to the extreme fire danger rating in our region. At this time, propane fires are acceptable within our campground. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Please keep an eye on the BC Wildfire Service’s website for the latest information on forest fires and bans etc. (our region is Southeast BC.)
Hope you’re having a great long weekend so far, have been meaning to send this update for awhile. As you might know we are celebrating Canada’s 151st Birthday a day early today on Saturday, June 30th. So please join us for any or all of the activities below if you camp with us or are out at Koocanusa this weekend. Everyone welcome!
- kids, pick up your Canada Day package after 11am. Complete everything and come back at 1pm.
- join us on the deck at 1pm for some birthday cake to help Canada celebrate
- enjoy the bouncy castles in the parking lot from 2 – 7pm
- children’s crafts on the deck from 1 – 3pm
- face painting on the deck from 3 – 5pm
- be part of our 8th annual Koocanusa Parade. Show your Canadian pride and bring along your decorated golf cart, wagon, buggy, pet, bike or ??? Be in the parking lot at 6:45pm for a 7pm start.
- fireworks will start at dusk (depending on weather and fire restrictions.)
In other exciting news, our 2018 Koocanusa Hoodies are officially in stock! Come get yours early/while supplies last to make sure you get your size. Beat the cooler weather with our stylish sweatshirts in a range of both kids’ and adult sizes.
Have a great long weekend and hope to see everyone at the lake soon. The store is officially now open 9am – 9pm until September long weekend. Happy Summer!
Hope you’re having a good weekend here at the lake or wherever you might be. Just a quick note to remind you (our campers) to come sign for and pick up your new gate keys at your earliest convenience. The new lock will be going on the gate the evening of next Sunday, June 17th. After that time we ask you to return your old/existing gate keys to the store on your next visit to the campground ideally.
That’s all the updates for now. Keep an eye here on our website and the boards down at the store for the latest info on upcoming events like Canada Day.
Thanks and enjoy your weekend.