In addition to our own annual Canada Day and Labour Day long weekend celebrations and events, there are other special events happening happening in the region that you might want to check out or take part in this summer. Here are a few you might like to check out as well as info on local farmers’ markets.
- Annual Canada Day Parade & Fireworks at Koocanusa Campsite & Marina: Friday, July 1st
- Fernie Alpine Resort Opening Day for Summer Season: June 25th
- Fernie 3 Mountain Bike Race July 1st to 3rd in Fernie
- Canada Day Celebrations in Fernie – Fri. July 1st, live entertainment and activities all day from 1pm onwards at the Aquatic Centre Grounds. Fireworks at dusk.
- Paddleboard Race in Fernie: Tues. July 5th @ 5pm
- Kimberley Kaleidoscope – Annual Festival of the Arts in Kimberley: August 1 – 8th
- Annual Vendors’ Parking Lot Sale at Koocanusa Campsite & Marina: Sunday, August 2nd
- Wapiti Music Festival: August 7th & 8th. Fernie’s 5th Annual Music Festival at the Annex Park. www.wapitimusicfestival.com
- Koocanusa Wakesurfing Challenge at Gold Bay, Lake Koocanusa: come see the best wakesurfers in the world compete or enter yourself in the Outlaw or Amateur categories! – August 21 – 23rd
- Invermere MusicFest: August 22 – 23rd
- BC Cup Downhill Race: August 28 – 30th at Fernie Alpine Resort
- Wam Bam Dirt Jump Jam: Sat. September 5th in Fernie
- 6th Annual Tears & Gears Mountain Duathlon: Sat. September 5th in Fernie
- Annual Parking Lot Dance at Koocanusa Campsite & Marina: Sunday, September 6th
- Demolition Derby: Fernie’s annual and popular smash-up event takes place on Sunday, September 6th from 12 – 4pm
- For a complete calendar of events for the Fernie/E Valley area, be sure to check out Tourism Fernie’s online events calendar here.
- Baynes Lake Farmers’ Market: every Saturday from 9am – 12:30pm, from June 20 – September long weekend
- Fernie Mountain Market: every Sunday from 10am – 2pm between Canada Day and Labour Day at Rotary Park www.mountainmarket.ca
- Cranbrook Farmers’ Market: every Saturday from 9am – 1pm, from June 20 – September 13
10th Avenue S. between 1st and 2nd Streets S. – downtown Cranbrook, adjacent to Rotary Park
- For a current listing of all the Farmer’s Markets in the Kootenay Rockies and throughout BC, visit the BC Association of Farmers’ Markets website
Local Links of Interest:
- H2O School: join us for a wakesurfing, wakeboarding or wakeskating session behing our new 2013 Centurion Enzo 244 boat. Instructor Caroline Villeneuve is ranked 2nd in the World for Women’s Pro Skim Wakesurfing. H2O School is located at Sunshine Houseboats, 25 minutes south of Koocanusa Campground & Marina on the Newgate Road.