Greetings everyone. Can you believe it’s already almost July 1st? Hope you’ve been enjoying summer so far.
Here are some updates from the campground for the coming long weekend.
- The store is now open 9am – 9pm until the Labour Day long weekend, come get your all day breakfast sandwiches, burgers, ice cream, groceries, ice, fishing licenses, bait and camping supplies.
- Our food specials this weekend will be Bagels & Cream Cheese and Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches. We’ll have a dessert special too – Strawberry Supreme Sundaes for Canada’s birthday.
Join us for our Canada Day events on Saturday, July 1st:
- Hey kids: pick up your Canada Day Activity package at the store at 11am. Complete everything and come back at 1pm.
- Join us on the deck at 1pm for some Birthday Cake to help Canada celebrate.
- Join Val Luznar-Purdy on our front deck and beach from 1:30 – 3pm for some family/kid friendly interactive games — no technology required 🙂
- Face painting from 3 – 5pm on the front deck
- Be part of our 7th Annual Koocanusa Parade. Show your Canadian pride and bring along your decorated golf cart, wagon, buggy, pet, bike or ____ ? Be in the parking lot at 6:45pm for a 7pm start.
- Our special 150 fireworks display will start at dusk (depending on weather and fire restrictions).
2017 is our 30th year here at Koocanusa Campsite & Marina. We now have limited edition commemorative reusable shopping/beach bags available for sale now, come get them while supplies last! ($5.99 each) Our 2017 hoodies will be here soon too, hopefully in time for the weekend, so come check them out. Keep an eye on our website for all the details about our 30th anniversary celebrations that will be happening on Labour Day long weekend.
Notes for Boaters:
The weather forecast is looking excellent for this week and long weekend as well. Wishing you a great Canada Day weekend whatever you’re up to and we look forward to seeing you at the lake sometime soon.
Greetings everyone and hope this finds you well. Exciting news, the Store opens for the 2017 camping season this weekend. We’ll be open tomorrow until 9pm, Saturday & Sunday 9am – 9pm and Monday 9am – 7pm. Kitchen will be open for Breakfast Sandwiches and Burgers etc. and your favourite flavours of ice cream are back in stock. We have your general camping supplies, groceries, vehicle gas and fishing licenses available as usual.
Spring Store Hours, May 22 – June 29:
Sunday – Thursday: 9am – 7pm
Friday – Saturday: 9am – 8pm
Spring Cleaning, May 19 – 22, 2017:
We have a large dumpster in the parking lot. Please use this for large items ie: old BBQs, bikes, chairs etc. Please do not use this for household garbage!
After this clean-up weekend please take all of your large items ie: old BBQs, chairs, large cardboard boxes etc. to the Baynes Lake or Jaffray Transfer Stations.
Koocanusa Campsite – July 1988
30th Anniversary Celebrations:
We’re looking forward to and planning the campsite’s 30th Anniversary celebrations for the Labour Day long weekend this year (Sept. 1 – 4th.) If anyone has any favourite photos they would like to share from the past 30 years here at Koocanusa Campsite & Marina you’re invited to email them to email@example.com or drop them off at the store in an envelope (attn: Evelyn). We’ll be putting together a slideshow to share with you that weekend.
Other Reminders for our Campers
(from the Legal Agreement):
- Quiet Time: 11pm – 7:30am
- New Generator Hours: 10am – 7pm, please don’t leave your generator running when you aren’t at your site.
- Pet Owners: Please keep your dog leashed at all times and do not leave your dog unattended at your site. When you are gone they tend to bark or howl. Dogs are a huge issue and generate lots of complaints.
- No Washing of Trailers or Vehicles in July and August
- No watering of grass in July and August
- All propane tanks over 60lb must be properly secured.
And with that hope everyone has a great long weekend with one of the best forecasts we’ve had in the past few years for this time of year. Look forward to seeing everyone back at Koocanusa for another great summer!
Hope this finds you well. Just a quick note to let our campers know that the water pump is now on so there is water available throughout the campsite again. Weather is still cool/wet here but grass is green and spring is in the air in the South Country.
Thanks, enjoy your day and see you at the lake this spring/summer.
Koocanusa – Mon. April 10th, 2017
Good evening everyone,
Just wanted to let you know that as of this Thursday morning (April 13th) the Summer Lock will be back on our gate. This means regular vehicle traffic is allowed on our roads but please note there is to be no moving of trailers/RVs at this time.
Water has not been turned on throughout the campground yet, but is on down at our trailers by the store. We’ll let you know once water is on throughout the campground.
As usual please watch our website for the latest campground news and happenings.
Thank you and wishing everyone a great Easter long weekend.
Greetings everyone, hope this finds you well and enjoying early spring wherever you might be. As you may know it has been a long snowy winter in the Elk Valley and the South Country too. We’re looking forward to summer as we’re sure you are too.
By now you will have received your newsletter and bill in the mail for this year. We wanted to let you know that the new $500 damage deposit fee only applies to those new campers joining us in 2017, not to existing campers.
Many campers have been asking about the gate and when you’ll be able to access your site with your vehicle again. We can’t say an exact date for this as it depends on the weather/snow melt etc. so we will let you know as soon as we know. Please keep an eye here on the homepage of our website as we will announce the date here prior to putting the summer lock back on the gate.
Thanks, wishing you a great spring and look forward to seeing you at the lake this summer.
Good morning everyone,
Hope this finds you well and enjoying winter. As you may know the Elk Valley and South Country (and most if not all of southern BC) has been having a major winter storm event over the past few days.
So this is just to let you know that as of today the gate will be locked (your key will not work) as we need to make sure all vehicles stay off the campsite’s roads for the time being. We’ll let you know here when the other lock is back on the gate. If you do go to the campsite you can park at the bottom and walk in to your site.
Thank you and have a great day.
Good afternoon everyone and Happy Holidays!
Hope you’ve been enjoying the season so far and wishing you all the best for the coming year ahead.
As you may know our south eastern corner of BC has been receiving proper winter weather so far this November and December and there has been lots of snow in the mountains lately. We wanted to let you know that there has also been more snow falling than normal at Koocanusa (more expected tomorrow) so if you’re out this way would be good to come check in at your campsite to see how things are looking/clear some snow off tents/trailers etc.
Thank you and Happy New Year.
Current Weather Forecast for Cranbrook and Area: